Monday, October 17, 2011

Nervous and how to overcome it.

Annyeonghaseyo !

Most of us believe to give a speech in front of people is a difficult matter. Although a person seem so great when he gave a speech actually he also felt nervous . Nervous is a normal feeling among the people . Thousands of people have learned to speak in front of groups with little or no nervous at all . Many of these people were initially terrified to speak in public . Their knees would shake, their voice would tremble, their thoughts would become jumbled . . . and you know the rest but they learned to eliminate their fear of public speaking completely .

This feel it has happened to me when i am required to do a speech in front of my classmate although the number is only slightly #sadface . I do not know exactly why i feel nervous to speak in front of public but this feeling always come when i want to started my speech or talk .



1. Afraid to talk to people who are not close to me . When i deal with people who are not close to me or someone new is known, i would be a very shy and will not speak even a word . This is probably one reason why i was afraid to speak in front of the public .




2. The topic on which i speak it . If i do not know the topic well enough, i will go to be very nervous and rightly so . It doesn't matter if i have memorized and rehearsed my presentation ten hundred times before the day reckoning . I will still feel nervous deep down because if i don't know my subject, i am going to be asking myself this question "Owh . . . what if somebody asks me something on this topic and i don't have the answer ?" . Many speakers have fallen flat on their face after they have given a well rehearsed speech as soon as someone in the audience asked them a question that they cannot answer or understand .



3. Level of self confidence . To speak in public, confidence level in our self should be high . The nervousness is still there but when we have a high level of confidence, we will not feel that nervous . But i do not have high level of confidence in me . I was not convinced to give a speech or speaking in front of people .

I are no more or less human than other people are . If other people can conquer the fear of public speaking, so i also can ! *fighting!* It can be easier if i know how to overcome nervous .



1. Be prepared . Obviously . If i have a presentation then study my notes and what i are about to say carefully before stepping up on stage . Doing this carefully and meticulously can remove a lot of nervousness . It may not be fun . But being well prepared can be helpful not only to remove nervousness but also to ace the presentation or get the job .



2. Practice, practice and practice . The more i practice, take action and put myself in situation that makeS me nervous the more confident i become . I have been there before, i know pretty much what will happen . So, i feel more and more comfortable and less nervous . Practice make perfect ! *please remember this word =,="



3. Realize that people don't care that much about what i do . One big source of nervousness is focusing too much on what people think of me and thinking that their criticism is always about me . But people don't think that much about what i do . I keep much of my attention from day to day on my problems, challenges and triumphs and that is exactly what the next guy or girl is doing to .

p/s : everyone has their own perceptions on people . Do not mind what people said about you as long as you know the truth . Nobody perfect :)

Best regards,

No comments: